Now accepting applications for the 2023-2024 school year!
Once families receive an offer from Paradise Schools, they have 48 hours to accept or decline the offer. Offers must be accepted or declined through PowerSchool.
Once the offer is accepted, families will receive an email with the link to the online registration forms and the list of enrollment documents that need to be provided. You will be required to complete the online registration forms and provide the following documents to the appropriate school’s registrar within 48 hours. The documents are:
- Arizona Proof of Residency Documentation (Documents must contain the parent or legal guardian's full name and residential address or physical description of the property where the student resides.)
- Birth Certificate - Original or copy, or other proof of the student's identity and age; such as the student's baptismal certificate, an application for a social security number or original school registration records, or an affidavit explaining the inability to provide a copy of the birth certificate. These must be submitted within 30 days of enrollment.
DOCUMENTS REQUESTED FOR ADMISSION OF YOUR STUDENT (Note - these documents are not required for consideration of enrollment, but necessary to ensure your child receives proper services and your understanding of the school's policies and procedures once he/she is admitted to the school):
- Up-to-date immunizations/waiver exemption (Required before the first day of attendance)
- Withdrawal form from the previous school (Required only if transferring from another Arizona public school; Required before the first day of attendance)
- Last report card or a copy of the most current report card/unofficial transcript
- Both parents' driver's license (for school pick-up identification)
- Custody documents (if applicable)
- Copy of the most recent IEP/504
- Gifted testing scores if the student is identified as GIFTED
When offering enrollment, Paradise Schools will ensure that an appropriate opening is available in the program that meets the educational needs of the student. If there is no availability in the grade level and/or applicable program that meets the student's needs, the student will remain in the lottery until an appropriate opening is available. Students are not officially enrolled until all paperwork has been received, reviewed and the proper notification from the school official has occurred.
Please do not withdraw your child from their current school until all of the acceptance procedures are completed.
Paradise Honors Elementary School offers tuition free, full-day Kindergarten. A $100.00 student activity fee will be collected during registration; these funds are applied to field trips and other activities throughout the year. Our full-day program includes an enhanced academic environment, including Science, Social Studies, and Specials (P.E., Art, Music, Library, Technology, and STEM.)
Paradise Honors adheres to A.R.S. code 15-821, which states a child is eligible for admission to kindergarten if the child is five years of age before September 1 of the enrolling (2023/2024) school year. If a child is six prior to September 1, they will be admitted into 1st grade. We do not offer placement testing or make exceptions to these policies.
Siblings of currently enrolled students are granted priority status in the lottery. Sibling priority will take effect immediately when the applicant's sibling becomes a currently enrolled student. Sibling priority for an applicant whose sibling was offered a spot does not receive priority status until the offered sibling's final enrollment paperwork has been submitted and they have been officially enrolled in the school. Please be aware that sibling verification may be required if/when enrollment is offered.
Declining or Withdrawing Enrollment:
If a family rejects or does not respond to an offer of enrollment, they are removed from the lottery and must reapply if they wish to enroll in a future year. A family may accept or reject within a 48-hour period. If a currently enrolled student withdraws, any priority status for the student and any siblings are lost, and that student must reapply for re-entry as a new student. New students who are not present on the first day of school are not considered enrolled. Vacant spots will be immediately filled.
Statement of Non-Discrimination:
Paradise Schools is a non-profit, non-sectarian, public charter school and does not discriminate in any of its practices on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, or disability. We have an open enrollment policy and treat all applications equally as long as the applicant has passed the previous grade of instruction and is an Arizona resident. We do not use the content of the applications to make enrollment decisions. Furthermore, acts of discrimination, retaliation, or harassment based upon gender, race, religion, national origin, or disability are strictly forbidden by the policies of Paradise Schools. Discipline up to the expulsion of a student or dismissal of an employee may be applied for any violation of this policy. Active participation, volunteerism, and support from our families are expected and vital to our success. Parent engagement allows our families and students to gain the full benefit of Paradise Schools.