Paradise Schools Career Opportunities
Paradise Schools is a public charter school in Surprise, Arizona. Paradise Schools is committed to providing excellence in education. Advanced Ed accreditation, thematic planning, and curriculum aligned with the Arizona State Standards are just a few of the commitments that Paradise Schools has made to ensure that students become successful, caring, and knowledgeable members of the community. Paradise Schools is also committed to supporting staff. Full time employees at Paradise are given medical and dental benefits, term life insurance, Arizona State Retirement and individualized professional development.
Guest Teacher Opportunities
Do you or someone you know want to work with children in the school setting? Are you searching for the opportunity to become part of our Paradise community of educators?
Paradise Schools is looking for talented individuals that would like to work at Paradise Schools as a K-12 substitute Guest Teacher. Our K-12 students need caring and talented staff to provide quality academic and social-emotional support in the absence of the assigned classroom teacher.
Our Guest Teachers earn $140 for a full day and $85 for a half day, $233.50 per full day on day 11 and beyond of a long term Guest Teacher assignment.
With any type of bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, a substitute certificate can be obtained from the Arizona Department of Education. To achieve a Substitute Pre, K-12 Certificate an individual must have/do the following:
- Completed Application for Certification.
- Appropriate fee (See Application for Certification).
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. Official transcript(s) required.
- A photocopy of your valid Arizona Department of Public Safety Identity Verified Prints (IVP) fingerprint card.
Teaching Incentives Include:
- Teacher starting salary is $43,900.00
- Prop 301
- 100% match Arizona State Retirement contribution
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Paid Term Life insurance policy
- Supplemental – AFLAC and 403B Savings Plan available on an employee voluntary basis
- Tuition reimbursement after one year
- On going training and mentoring
- Capped class sizes
- Free before and after care for staff school age children, with an annual $50 registration fee
- Discounted rate for staff nursery and preschool, ages 6 weeks – 5 years old
- Positive family culture
- Priority enrollment for staff children
Application and Requirements
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR EMPLOYMENT, YOU MUST COMPLETE AND PROVIDE THE INFORMATION LISTED:
- Online application – Frontline
- Resume – upload in Frontline
- Arizona certification, AEPA results (teaching position) – upload in Frontline
- Three letters of recommendation – upload in Frontline
- Arizona Level 1 IVP fingerprint clearance card – upload in Frontline
- Official transcripts (teaching position) – upload in Frontline
- SEI documentation if not on certification – upload in Frontline
- Proof of MMR Immunization record – upload in Frontline or completed waiver (waiver provided by HR)
A.R.S. §15-189.05 requires each school to prominently post average teacher salary information on its homepage separately from its budget. Schools must post the average salary of all teachers they employed for the budget and prior years and the increase in the average salary of all teachers the school employed for the budget year reported in dollars and percentage, as shown on the budget forms’ cover page.”
|1. Average salary of all teachers employed in budget year 2022-23||$||55,662|
|2. Average salary of all teachers employed in prior year 2021-22||$||51,576|
|3. Increase in average teacher salary from the prior year 2021-22||$||4,086|
|4. Percentage increase||7.9%|