Exceptional Student Services
Paradise Schools has an open-enrollment policy in accordance with A.R.S. § 15-184.
Paradise Schools does not discriminate in its admissions or enrollment practices on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, gender, income level, disability, English proficiency or athletic ability.
This Enrollment Policy supersedes previously established enrollment policy.
Students continuing from one year to the next will be required to complete a Paradise Schools’ reenrollment form by the established deadline in order to receive priority enrollment.
A timely application shall be one that is submitted on or before the established deadline for an upcoming school year. An enrollment packet shall not be considered complete until all paperwork is completed in accordance with current state law (See A.R.S. §15-828 and A.R.S. §15-872).
Failure to disclose accurate, complete, and truthful information on the enrollment application may result in revocation of acceptance of open enrollment or removal from enrollment.
The Executive Director or designee of Paradise Schools shall determine if students will be admitted, in accordance with the following criteria:
The school has the capacity to serve the student without adversely impacting the educational opportunities for students currently enrolled. Factors to be considered in making this determination include, but are not limited to the following:
- Physical capacity of the school building and classrooms
- Availability of staff members (i.e., administrators, teachers, other certificated employees, classified employees, related service providers employed by the school, and related service providers contracted by Paradise Schools)
- Capacity in relevant classes
- Capacity in relevant classrooms
- Capacity in relevant special programs
- Availability of other resources
Pursuant to A.R.S 15-184(F), Paradise Schools may refuse to admit any pupil who has been expelled from another educational institution or who is in the process of being expelled from another educational institution.
Enrollment /Admission Priorities
Admission priorities to Paradise Schools will be as follows:
- Students returning to Paradise Schools for a subsequent school year.
- Students whose siblings already attend Paradise Schools (proof of sibling status is required, i.e. birth certificate, marriage certificate).
- Students whose parents/guardians/grandparents are full time and/or contracted employees of Paradise Schools and/or members of the Paradise Schools Governing Board.
- All other eligible students who submit a timely and complete application, unless the number of applications exceeds established capacity.
- If remaining capacity is insufficient to enroll all students who submit timely applications, Paradise Schools will select students through an equitable selection process such as a lottery, except that preference shall be given to siblings of a student selected through such process.
- Students who submitted a timely application but who were not admitted due to lack of capacity may request to be placed on a waiting list, to be contacted should capacity exist at a later date.
- Students whose applications are submitted after the lottery deadline shall be admitted if capacity exists at the time their application is submitted.
Set forth below is the capacity calculation for 2018-2019:
Kindergarten and 1st grade 1: 24 Staff to Student Ratio
2nd and 3rd grade 1: 26 Staff to Student Ratio
4th - 8th grade 1: 28 Staff to Student Ratio
9th – 12th grade 1:32 Staff to Student Ratio
Governing Board adopted 8/27/19